Bacon Lovin' Jew

The adventures of a Chicago girl in a Minnesota world.





Unconditional Love

River and Hunter are my cousins, but we've been so close since before they were born that they mean much more to me than words could express! They are twins and going to be 9 years old in two weeks - recently at school River drew a self portrait and included a poem with it that I'd like to share.



My hair is blonde.
My eyes are blueish like the sky.
My arms give great hugs to my family.
My hands hold pencils everyday.
My heart loves everyone.
I'm nice, loved, and cared for.
I never will hurt a girl.
My friends are the best like everyone.
I live on Syndicate.
I hope I will have a happy life.
I dream every country will end war.
~River

This poem really made me think - this is what's on the mind of an 8 year old today. What were you thinking when you were 8?


I am so proud of River that he is growing up to become such a gentleman! Both Hunter and River are some of the most loving people I know and they do so without thinking about it; they choose not to know any other way. Nearly daily we have a debate of who loves each other more and us saying "I love you more!, No, I love YOU more!" back and forth.


Everyday I thank my lucky stars that I have Hunter & River in my life.
« Home

At November 18, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Blogger jayysenn said...

When I was eight, I was thinking about a lot of things, but ending war was not one of them. I know a big reason for how great the boys are is for you being so great to them!    



»

Post a Comment