Bacon Lovin' Jew

The adventures of a Chicago girl in a Minnesota world.





my fancy phone


Sometimes when my phone rings, I ignore it on purpose.  Lately, I haven’t had an option because my phone chooses when it will allow me to answer the call or not.  As luck would have it, when I need to answer my phone for an important call it will not allow me to do so. 


Sprint has been great to me over the nearly 10 years that I’ve had their service; I have 4 lines on my account with all the bells and whistles.  I pay $225 monthly to them and don’t have an issue doing so, as long as I have the service that I am promised.

I have this fancy phone (as the Sprint tech told me) called a Palm Pre that requires the use of the touchscreen to answer.  Sounds great – except when the phone just continues to ring no matter what you do to answer the incoming call.

I’ve been having this issue for over 3 months and I’ve spoken to Sprint customer service and/or tech support over the phone about a dozen times along with three trips to the local Sprint store.  About two weeks ago, the Sprint customer service department decided I’d been through enough and they’d replace my phone for a refurbished model under my insurance plan that I pay $7/month for.  Great!  I was so happy – a phone that works!   Well, my bubble was soon burst; the new phone does the same thing….

Over the last two weeks I did the normal trouble shooting that they always advise over the phone like the hot battery swap and full reset of the phone, but this didn’t help.  Last night I decided I’d had enough and called Sprint for some help and also to request a credit for the poor service I’d been receiving.

Of course, because I’m having technical issues with my phone, I cannot call from my cell phone and I don’t have a home phone.  So, after work, I sat at my desk and made what I thought would be a quick call – little did I know it’d last nearly two hours and I’d speak to 8 different people only to end up exactly where I was when I called.

During the saga of Sprint last night I heard so many excuses from representatives that spoke over me I was disturbed.  Customer service couldn’t help me, so I was sent to technical support who couldn’t help me and sent me back to customer service, who sent me back to technical support, and I finally ended up with retention.  I also find it ironic that at not one person last night even attempted to fix my phone while I was speaking to them; they were more concerned with thinking of excuses of why I couldn’t be helped.

I’m not quite sure what to believe, but I feel like I was left in some sort of twilight zone…

I was told that they’d create an e-ticket for me and email it to me, I was to bring this into the store and they HAD to do what was on it and this would solve all of my issues!  This sounds great, until I received the email which said I needed a software update.  If anyone had listened, they’d known that there are no available updates for my phone and I’ve already reset my phone twice. 

Regarding the requested credit – I was told that “Sprint only offers credit for issues they’ve caused and doesn’t offer compensation for inconvenience.”  I advised the person that this issue is caused by Sprint; I bought the phone from them and pay them a monthly bill to be able to use my phone along with an insurance plan to ensure my phone remains operable; she disagreed.  Another rep told me that Sprint isn’t responsible for the hardware and only the service.  Again, I advised them that they sold me the hardware along with the insurance plan on said hardware for them to support.  I was also told by a rep that they’d reimburse me $35 for the two weeks of service that I’d been having issues.  I reminded her that I’d been having issues for 3.5 months, at which point the credit was refused at all.

The last person I spoke with who adamantly refused any credit advised that this was an issue with the local store and “I was lucky” that it was a corporate store.  He said he’d speak to the store manager and have them make an appointment for me to go into the store and speak to him.  I am OK to go into the store and do not need a special appointment to do so, but I want this to be done – I simply want a phone that works and feel that dealing with this for over 3 months deserves some credit.

Today I was called back, luckily I could answer my phone, and told that the manager wasn’t in the store but they’d call back tomorrow.  I again advised him that I didn’t need a special appointment and reminded him of my e-ticket that I’d received.  Now, I am told NOT to go into the store until I am called upon to do so.  We’ll see what happens next… 
« Home | Next »
| Next »

»

Post a Comment